The Private Industry Council has made some exciting changes to their website. Click on the link to read about the website and how it more accessible! New website article
Volunteer to Outwit Feeling Old
Students from three area high school show off their final drone project. As part of Private Industry Council's Drone Education Program.
We only feel old when we do nothing.
You have the power to change that right now — through volunteer service. A core value of our country, volunteering can impact the community we live in. If you want to volunteer but you’re not sure where to start think about your passions. Organizations that share similar passions would love to have you support their cause by offering your skills, expertise, experience and time. Your selfless act of giving may transform the organization, or help a member of your community. What’s your passion? Helping a homeless family? Raising funds for charity? Helping a neglected animal? Helping a child learn? The community benefits of volunteer service are numerous, but did you know it can benefit you too?
People who volunteer:
- Make friends, connect to others
- Strengthen relationships
- Gain person satisfaction
- Make a difference
- Enhance social networks
- Increase relationship skills
- Gain valuable experience, even job skills
- Combat depression and isolation
- Exercise mental well-being
- Boost self-confidence and self-esteem
- Reduce stress levels, elevate mood
- Advance in career contacts
- Explore interests in a fun and easy way
- Stay active
- Gain independence
- Pass knowledge on to others
There are volunteer opportunities through the Private Industry Council’s Foster Grandparent Program.