Head Start and Early Head Start of Fayette County enrolled families were invited to a “Veterans Celebration” held at the Lemont Furnace Head Start center on November 9, 2023 from 4:30-6:30 PM. The event’s activities were in collaboration with PIC’s veteran’s programs....
Establishing a Back to School Routine
Head Start / Early Head Start FAQs The Private Industry Council discusses frequently asked questions for Head Start and Early Head Start students. Private Industry Council operates the Head Start / Early Head Start program for Beaver and Fayette Counties in the...
It was another fast summer and most students regardless of the age are back in school. The start of school tends to be an adjustment for the entire family until everyone gets used to the new school schedule. The sooner a parent or guardian starts the transition from summer mode to school mode is better for the whole house. Here are some suggestions so everyone has a successful 2015/2016 school year:
- Establish an appropriate bedtime for each family member. (Most important stick to it even on the weekends or holidays!)
- Set goals to start making healthy food choices. (There are numerous community farmer’s markets and/or stands setup that sell inexpensive locally grown fruits and vegetables.)
- All family members need to keep hydrated so drink plenty of fluids which are good for the body and skin. (Try to reduce the caffeinated and sugar based drinks that are not good for the body or teeth.)
- Create good study, homework habits and work environment. (Make sure your work environment is well lit, no music, television or interruptions. Purchase a calendar or planner so you can write down your due dates and finish assignments on time and not at the last minute.)
- Participate in a hobby or activity that helps you release your stress. (Stress is not good for the young or old so everyone needs a release when they feel like they’re hitting their breaking point.)
- Ensure there is an open line of communication with your child(ren)’s teachers and school(s). (Make sure to complete initial paperwork on time. Attend open houses, meet and greets and other functions to support your child (ren) in their learning environment.)