Bridging Youth to Opportunities
The Private Industry Council provides many programs for In-School and Out-of-School youth in Fayette and Westmoreland counties. All the youth programs are constructed to enhance the many different skills needed to excel in tomorrow’s workforce. These programs include:
- Manufacturing Summer Camp (for 16-21 year olds who live within Westmoreland or Fayette Counties)
- Youth Work Experience (for 16-24 year olds who live in Westmoreland or Fayette Counties)
- Afterschool and Summer Enrichment Programs (Connellsville, Southmoreland, Jeannette, Laurel Valley, and Monessen School Districts)
- Middle School Summer Camps in Fayette & Westmoreland (open to all school districts)
- Youth Re-Entry Programs
- In School Drone Education Program (for Juniors and Seniors in High School, open to all school districts in Westmoreland & Fayette)
- Youth CDL Program (for 18-24 year olds who live within Westmoreland or Fayette Counties)
Current youth programs are funded by grants provided by the Workforce Investment Board (WIB) and 21st Century Community Learning Center grants through the Department of Education. Youth programs are also supported by Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) donations.
Contact Shannon Singosky, Director of Workforce & Economic Development for further information about any of our programs at 724-836-2600. Or fill out the interest form below. Thank you!