Youth Work Experience
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR PRE-APPLICATION
Bridging Youth to Opportunities
- Ages 16-24
- Fayette & Westmoreland Counties
- $10 / hour
- Up to 30 hours per week
- Variety of work sites with both for profit and non-profit employers
- Opportunity to be hired after completion of program
The Youth Work Experience program provides youth with a paid work experience and with the opportunity to learn new skills at local business within Westmoreland and Fayette counties. This Work Experience program offers meaningful work skills to build a strong foundation of employment abilities. Meaningful, supervised work experiences will be provided by local non-profit organizations, municipalities, school districts, townships, state government offices, and county government departments.
- Out of school, ages 16-24 not currently enrolled in secondary education
- Youth may work up to 30 hours during the week.
- Youth are paid $10.00/hr.
- Youth learn employer expectations and job skills.
- Youth begin building a professional network.
Now accepting applications. Applicants must meet eligibility criteria. Please fill out pre-application form below to be considered for the program.
For questions, contact our Experience Works Coordinator at 724-836-2600.
- Participating Worksites
- Pa CareerLinks
- School Districts
- Social Service/Community Based Agencies.
Contact our Summer Youth Employment Coordinator for further information on how to be a work site at 724-836-2600