Bridging Youth to Opportunities
- Ages 16-18
- Fayette & Westmoreland Counties
The Youth Work Experience program provides youth with a paid work experience and with the opportunity to learn new skills at local business within Westmoreland and Fayette counties. The Summer Work Experience program offers meaningful work skills to build a strong foundation of employment abilities. Meaningful, supervised work experiences will be provided by local non-profit organizations, municipalities, school districts, townships, state government offices, and county government departments.
- In-school youth and recent graduates. Must be 16 to 18 years of age.
- Youth do not have to be currently enrolled in school to participate.
- Youth may work up to 40 hours during the week if not in school and 20 hours during the week if in school.
- Youth are paid $9.00/hr
- Youth under the age of 18 must have a work permit.
- Youth learn employer expectations and job skills.
- Youth begin building a professional network.
- Participating Worksites
- Pa CareerLinks
- School Districts
- Social Service/Community Based Agencies.
Contact our Summer Youth Employment Coordinator for further information at 724-836-2600