Bridging Youth to Opportunities
- Ages 16-21 (In-School) and 18-24 (Out-of School)
- Fayette & Westmoreland Counties
The Youth Work Experience program provides youth with a paid work experience and with the opportunityIn-School and Summer Work Experience provide meaningful work skills to build a strong foundation of work skills. Meaningful, supervised work experiences will be provided by local non-profit organizations, municipalities, school districts, townships, state government offices, and county government departments. Throughout the year, 125 youth will have the opportunity to work in Fayette and Westmoreland counties.
Summer Work Experience
- In-school youth must be 16 to 21 years of age or 18 to 24 out-of-school.
- Youth do not have to be currently enrolled in school to participate.
- Youth may work up to 40 hours during the week.
- Youth are paid $9.00/hr
- Youth under the age of 18 must have a work permit.
- Youth learn employer expectations and job skills.
- Youth begin building a professional network.
Applicants must meet eligibility criteria. Download an application here.
- Participating Worksites
- Pennsylvania CareerLinks
- School Districts
- Social Service/Community Based Agencies.
Contact our Summer Youth Employment Coordinator for further information: Westmoreland County, 724-836-2600.