On May 13, 2023, PIC's Workforce Development Board Drone grant students and our Department of Agriculture Drone grant students had the opportunity to attend a fieldtrip to Derry Area School District’s Agriculture and Horticulture Complex. The students got the...
Staff Appreciation at Fayette County Head Start/Early Head Start
Listen to the “PIC Podcasts”
Head Start / Early Head Start FAQs The Private Industry Council discusses frequently asked questions for Head Start and Early Head Start students. Private Industry Council operates the Head Start / Early Head Start program for Beaver and Fayette Counties in the...
The Welcome/Wellness Committee of Fayette County Head Start/Early Head Start had a staff appreciation activity in March, to coordinate with St. Patrick’s Day. The “You Shamrock” Because… activity gave staff the opportunity to tell coworkers what they appreciate most about each other. The committee provided shamrocks to each center and staff were able to write a message on them to coworkers. The shamrocks were then displayed at their center. The activity was well represented by HS/EHS staff. Photographs were submitted by a representative at each center and posted on Fayette County’s HS/EHS Facebook page. Some of the appreciative comments included:
- You help keep me sane and are a great listener!
- You are an amazing mentor!
- You have a really big heart and care about the children!
- You are a superwoman. I am so impressed by all you do!
- You make me smile and laugh every day!
- You always have my back. You have taught me useful ways to complete my tasks and how not to stress!
- You are a joy to have in the office!
- You are always there for us even when we mess up.
- You are an amazing person!
- We all help each other out. We are there for each other.
It was a wonderful opportunity to share with coworkers and friends the thoughts and feelings we have, but may not always express. Even though our activity was planned, remember that every day is a good day to let someone know how much you appreciate them. It will truly make their day!