The #ONEDAY Critical Needs online giving event goes live at 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. and is an opportunity to get behind the 200+ nonprofits in Allegheny and Westmoreland counties serving vulnerable populations, in particular Black- and Brown-led nonprofits and those...
Head Start / Early Head Start FAQs The Private Industry Council discusses frequently asked questions for Head Start and Early Head Start students. Private Industry Council operates the Head Start / Early Head Start program for Beaver and Fayette Counties in the...
Ribbon Cutting and Grand Opening Celebration: State-of-the-art Learning and Workforce Development Center
The Private Industry Council of Westmoreland/Fayette, Inc. will host a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the grand opening of its new state-of-the-art learning and workforce development center in Lemont Furnace, Pa. (3 miles northeast of Uniontown).
The 23,500 sq. ft. utilitarian structure, which is situated on a 5.56 acre property, includes five Head Start classrooms, an Early Head Start socialization area, an indoor children’s physical activity center, adult learner classrooms and a computer lab, PA CareerLink Fayette, and office space.
The design allows for future growth and meets the special needs of its preschool students. PIC worked with a Fayette County architect to design the facility. Layout of the rooms, parking lot, and playground were carefully planned to meet current needs, with an eye toward potential future development.
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony with guest speakers:
- Erin Molchany, Director, Southwest Office of Pennsylvania Governor Wolf;
- Gary Reed, Rural Development Coordinator, USDA Rural Development Agency;
- John Frick, Jr., Regional Manager, Office of U.S. Senator Pat Toomey;
- Louis Lazzaro, Deputy Chief of Staff, Office of U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy;
- Pennsylvania State Sen. Patrick Stefano, 52nd Legislative District;
- Pennsylvania State Rep. Timothy S. Mahoney, 51st Legislative District;
- Pennsylvania State Rep. Ryan Warner, 52nd Legislative District;
- Pennsylvania State Rep. and PIC board member R. Ted Harhai, 58th Legislative District;
- Fayette County Commissioners Vince Zapotosky, Angela Zimmerlink and Al Ambrosini; and,
- Bill Thompson, Executive Director, Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board.
Tours of the new building will also be available after the ceremony.
Thursday, June 4 at 11:00 a.m.
112 Commonwealth Drive, Lemont Furnace, Pa.