The Private Industry Council of Westmoreland/Fayette, Inc. (PIC), is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization headquartered in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, that operates employment, education, and training programs in southwestern Pennsylvania, with a particular emphasis in Westmoreland and Fayette counties. PIC has strategically located offices throughout Beaver, Fayette and Westmoreland counties to assist youth, adults, dislocated workers, and the economically disadvantaged in attaining educational achievement, supporting their family growth, and obtaining and retaining employment.
The organization works every day to educate, encourage, and empower family and individual development and to create career enhancement opportunities through training and workforce development, which will perpetuate and improve the quality of life in southwestern Pennsylvania.
PIC operates over two dozen programs through an organizational structure of three divisions: Early Childhood Development, Education, and Workforce Development. PIC is governed by a fifteen-member Board of Directors and employs over 300 full-time and part-time professionals to provide services and reach the goals and objectives set forth in each of its employment, educational, and training programs. PIC’s services include programs in the areas represented by its three divisions. Presently, PIC:
- Administers Head Start and Early Head Start programs in Fayette and Beaver Counties
- Is a state certified Pearson Vue and GED® test center
- Operates various in-school, out-of-school and after-school youth programs
- Provides training and education programs through its licensed school, the Education and Technology Institute (ETI)
- Provides services in job search assistance, labor market information, job listings, and job marketing
- Provides services in job training, job placement, assessments and career counseling
Both Westmoreland and Fayette counties strongly rely on PIC’s adult literacy program. The Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board has identified PIC as the Title 1 provider of services. PIC is the premier provider of job placement and workforce development in Westmoreland County. PIC is also the primary provider of the welfare-to-work programs and case management services in both counties. Additionally, PIC is the operator of the Westmoreland, Alle-Kiski, and Fayette Pennsylvania CareerLink® centers. These are important and unique roles that PIC plays to provide much needed services to the people in Westmoreland and Fayette counties.