Who is Eligible for the Pre-Apprenticeship Program?
- Young Adults aged 18-24 (Out-of-School)
- Fayette & Westmoreland County Residents
- Must be able to pass a drug test
About the Program
The Pre-Apprenticeship Program is designed to help young adults aged 18-24 obtain the skills necessary to succeed in the various construction unions and other construction jobs. The Private Industry Council has partnered with Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 354 and the Operating Engineers Local 66 to design activities and credentials to make you more attractive to high-demand construction jobs. Participants will attend classes at the Private Industry Council Corporate Office in Greensburg, PA as well as at the Local 354 site in Youngwood, PA and the Local 66 site in New Alexandria, PA. Reliable transportation to all class sites and work experience is necessary.
Coursework covers the following energy topics:
- 40 hours of welding training through Local 354
- Heavy Equipment simulator training through the Douglas Education Center
- Paid Work Experience in the construction field
- Industry-recognized credentials such as OSHA, Hazwoper, Safeland/Safegulf and others
- Resume and application assistance
- Academic skill brush up
- $25/day stipend
For additional information or to schedule an appointment to apply, please call: 724-836-2600
Funding provided by the Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board.